Cake Lace comes in a 2 separate parts, Part A and Part B. Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans, nut, gelatin and gluten free.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer. This doesn't have to be specifically hot or cold, just water from a tap is fine!
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Part B (liquid) - Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 70°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B liquid will be left over, this can be optionally added to create a softer lace.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake Lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colors.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then, wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
Q: How many mats would 200g Cake Lace make?
A: For small mats, you will get approximately 18-20 times and larger mats approximately 8-10 times.
Q: When colouring the Cake Lace do I need to do anything else?
A: We advise dropping the baking temperature by 5-10° and putting the Cake Lace in the oven for a total of 20-25 minutes. Please be aware that all ovens are different, so timings and temperatures are estimated.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to vanilla buttercream, ganache or swiss meringue buttercream?
A: Cake Lace can be applied to ganache and swiss meringue buttercream, however, we do not recommend applying Cake Lace to buttercream as this stays soft.
Q: Can I use Cake Lace on chocolate?
A: Yes, Cake Lace can be used on chocolate, some colours may need a tiny bit of edible glue to adhere.
Q: The White Cake Lace contains Vanilla, is this alcohol based?
A: The Vanilla flavouring is not alcohol based.