A great choice for desserts, mousses, glazes, jellies, aspics, and more!
Sold as 10 sheets per package. Each sheet measures approximately 9" x 2 3/4". Sheets are sold in a sealed plastic bag. We take every precaution when packaging your shipment but please realize these sheets are fragile and breakage may occur during the USPS shipping process. You will still be able to use the rule of thumb ratio but it may be through using pieces.
These are Champion Proteins Super Premium Leaf Gelatine. It is unflavored and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. Professional chefs prefer this Leaf Gelatine because it makes a clearer product with purer flavor and is easier to use. You can just count sheets rather than weighing out powder and there is no chance of undissolved granules. You can successfully substitute sheet gelatine for powdered gelatin in any recipe by using a rule of thumb of 1 sheet per 1/2 cup of liquid. Our gelatine is made of 100% Grade "A" Collagen from Pork. It is not appropriate for vegan, kosher or halal dishes. It is gluten free, all natural, chemical free, and non-GMO.
1. Soak in cold water for about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the water & remove any excess water.
3. For COLD dishes - melt the gelatine separately. For HOT dishes - add gelatine directly with the other ingredients.
4. Refrigerate finished dish to allow the gelatine to cool and set up. Optional: cakes or desserts with eggs or cream can be frozen.
5. Removing from mold: place a knife in warm water for a few minutes and use around the edge to separate from the mold. Alternatively, place the entire mold in warm water to loosen.